Akak, Abang and Adik love anything cheezy, especially lassagna, macaroni & cheese, pizza and anything with cheese.
Saya agak malas nak buat lasagna. Layer and layer of lasagna with cheese, memang sedap, tapi nak buat lasagna ni ambil masa agak lama.... Kalau boleh nak cepat siap, cepat di makan...
Macaroni and cheese pula too cheezy for me.... but not for my children.... So, one day I stumbled into Turkey Pastitsio recipe in one of my cookbook Pasta, Irresistible Recipes for Perfect Pasta by Linda Fraser. I tried but unfortunately my children prefer lasagna. I baked lasagna with bolognese meat sauce using recipe from the same book and they loved it...
So, I thought, why not I combine these two recipes.... Jadi terhasil lah my version of macaroni cheese and Bolognese Meat Sauce. Paling penting anak2 saya love it. Beginilah hasilnya.....
Baking proces, gambar tak berapa cantik....
Beginilah Macaroni Cheese and Bolognese Meat Sauce, sedia untuk di makan. Anak-anak saya suka cheese yang "garing"...... Eh ada ker cheese yang garing??
Di sini saya sertakan recipe Macaroni Cheese and Bolognese Meat Sauce. I have modified the original Bolognese Meat Sauce recipe by Linda Fraser; my recipe is without red wine, pancetta and I used Prego Pasta Sauce instead of canned plum tomatoes.
Macaroni Cheese and Bolognese Meat Sauce
400 g - 500g macaroni
Grated cheese (I used mozzarella and parmesan, but it is up to individu)
Bolognese Meat Sauce
1. Prepare the meat sauce and set aside
2. Cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water
3. Prepare the bechamel sauce and set aside
4. Drain the pasta and stir into the meat sauce and pile into a greased casserole.
5. Pour the bechamel sauce evenly over the pasta.
6. Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake for 30 - 35 mins or until golden brown and bubbling.
A. Bolognese Meat Sauce:
2 tbs butter
4 tbs olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
1carrot, finely sliced
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 cups ground beef.
1/2 cup milk
1 bottle (680g) Prego Pasta Sauce
salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat the butter and oil. Add onion and cook until onion translucent. Stir in carrot, celery and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the ground beef. Stir until the meat loses its red color. Season to taste.
3. Add milk.
4. Stir in the pasta sauce. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 1 - 1.5 hours. Stirring occasionally.
B. Bechamel Sauce
1 and 1/4 cups milk
2 tsb margerine / butter
3 tsb multi-purpose flour
1tsp grated nutmeg
1. Place the milk, margerine and flour in a saupan and whisk.
2. Add nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste.
(if the sauce is too thick, add more milk)